Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cupcakes, Ramblings & "Christmas in July"

Good Afternoon Y'all!

Things are just zipping along at that lazy hazy summer afternoon pace.  So far today I just pulled 24 Confetti Cupcakes out of the oven to cool for my son, as he will be heading for Dad's house on Tuesday.  And with his Grandparents taking him on that Disney Cruise; he will be spending his birthday in the middle of the Altantic Ocean.  So today we made cupcakes!  He is giddy with joy to have such a treat and I'm trying to keep the whole thing postitive and don't make known my true feelings on this subject.

Has anyone thought about Christmas yet? I have to admit I find myself at a point of trying to plan ahead for the Holiday Season that is creeping up on us.  I know what I want to do but it's just a matter of getting everything to line up at the right times.  I know what I want to do some kitchen items for my 2 DD's but I have to find a nice simple apron pattern that might have a bit of a vintage flare to it.  Is there such a critter out there I wonder? Time to start hunting... lol. Then there is the Grandbabies, my son, and the other half.  What to make them?  Then I always end up in a couple Secret Santa Exchanges every year but I have a couple small gift ideals for those that I can start implementing fairly soon.  If I start on those now, get them finished ahead of time; thus avoiding the last minute rush that I never fail to get myself into. 

Speaking of "Christmas in July",  There is a Blog Hop of this theme starting tomorrow; July 30th to August 5th.  You can find the link on the right hand side.  I'm excited and hopeful that this can lead into some more ideas for make ahead gifts.  Can't wait!! I have found that I like doing the Blog Hops as a way to to learn more about what other people are doing out there.  Have you done one of these yet? Did ya learn a new pattern or about a new tool? 

Hummm... I know I'm forgetting something. Darn it!! Just realized that I forgot to upload pictures of somethings for the blog this week.  Well IF I get the chance .... I promise to added them as quickly as I can for ya.

Well the cupcakes have cooled and it's time to add the matching frosting.
As always comments are always welcomed.  And Thanks for stopping by! 'Til next time.

Toodles,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment